LIBRARY LOCATIONS AND HOURS
American Historical Collection is located at the:
3rd Level Rizal Library Special Collections Building
Ateneo de Mania University, Loyola Heights
Quezon City, Philippines
It is open weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm & Saturdays from 8:00 am to 12:00 nn.
Tel. no.: (632) 426-6001 loc. 5567; Fax: (632) 426-5961
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: http://rizal.lib.admu.edu.ph/ahc
(Contact us for accommodations and directions from the airport.)
BACK TO TOP
- Ateneo students and its affiliates must present a valid university ID to use the collection.
Non-Ateneo researchers must present a visitor's ID and receipt issued by the circulation counter at the Rizal Library Building or by the microfilm and Database Resource Center at the Rizal Library Special Collections Building. Please see the Rizal Library guidelines for visitor (http://rizal.lib.admu.edu.ph/rlcontents.asp?nID=14).
- Researchers must register in the daily logbook upon entrance to the AHC room.
- Researchers must fill up the request slip when borrowing materials.
- Researchers are not allowed in the stack area; they are restricted to the AHC reading area only.
- Researchers are responsible for returning all borrowed materials to the staff.
- The library’s materials are for room use only.
- No materials may be transferred to another researcher.
- No materials may leave the AHC room without permission from the library staff.
- As a security measure, the staff reserves the right to inspect researchers, and materials used at reading tables.
- Group discussions and phone conversations are not permitted
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent mode inside the library. They should not be used to make or receive calls while inside the library.
- Eating, drinking, and sleeping are prohibited
BACK TO TOP
LIBRARY FEES AND OTHER CHARGES
- Library Fee:
- Researcher/Professional: P100 per day
- Student : P30.00 per day (Mon - Fri 2:30-7:30 p.m. only) or P50.00 per day (Sat 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.)
- Photograph Use Fee: P100.00 per image for original photographs and P50.00 for photos from from books and periodicals (Note: Photo use fee is waived for Ateneo students and faculty)
- Scanning Fee: P15.00 per scan page
- Printing Fee:
- Laser printing (black and white) P4.00 per page, text only; P10.00 per page with image
- Colored printing: P10.00 per page, text only; P20.00-40.00 per page with image
- CD/DVD Burning Fee: P30.00 (cost of blank CD/DVD is P25.00)
BACK TO TOP
CARE OF THE COLLECTION
- All material must be handled with care. Marks may neither be added nor erased; tracing and rubbing are prohibited. Loose sheets and volume pages should be handled by their edges. The surface of photographic prints is not to be touched. Cotton gloves (supplied by AHC) must be worn when examining photographs.
- Due to the potential harmful residue from ink, only pencils and laptop computer may be used for note taking purposes (pencils are supplied upon request).
- Persons charged with mutilation, destruction, or theft of material is subject to prosecution.
- For the protection of its collections, AHC reserves the right to restrict access to materials that are not arranged, are being processed, or are exceptionally valuable or fragile. In some cases, photocopies may be substituted for the originals.
BACK TO TOP
CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE PHOTO COLLECTION
- To use the photographic copy only once and only for the purpose of intended use. Any subsequent or different use (including subsequent editions, book club editions, paperback editions, different languages, etc.) constitutes a reuse and must be applied for in writing. There is a reuse fee.
- To credit properly. The following is the basic credit line : American Historical Collection, Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City.
- With printed matter, it is preferred that the credit line appear on the same or facing page as the illustration.
- With films and filmstrips, include the credit with the “Sources of Illustrations”. In manuals that accompany filmstrips, credit at the point where the illustration is discussed.
- With exhibitions, credit within exhibition area.
- To give to the American Historical Collection one complimentary copy of any published work, except motion pictures, in which the photographic copy appears.
- To indicate in the accompanying caption or label any and all changes that you have made to the original photographic copy, such as taking a detail, superimposing, tinting, etc.
- Not to reproduce the photographic copy as a dust jacket, an end paper or use in the advertisement or any commercial use of a similar nature, nor to mass reproduce as unbound material.
- The American Historical Collection reserves the right to limit the number of photographic copies, and to restrict the use or reproduction of rare or valuable material
- Note: Only low intensity light may be used.
BACK TO TOP
- Photocopying is allowed only for books and periodicals published from 1947 upward.
- Photocopying may be subject to limitations arising from preservation priorities, copyright restrictions, and other factors.
- Only 20 pages per book may be photocopied.
- Materials may be photocopied only at the copy center at the Filipiniana Secion of the Rizal Library.
- Materials must be returned to the AHC room after photocopying is completed.
BACK TO TOP
AMERICAN HISTORICAL COLLECTION
3rd Level Rizal Library Special Collections Building, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
Tel: (632) 426-6001 loc 5567 • Fax: (632) 426-5961 • Email: email@example.com • Web: rizal.lib.admu.edu.ph/ahc
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday); 8:00 AM to 12:00 NN (Saturday)